Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Someone Come Rub My Belly...

The Rakes - "Retreat" (Phones Remix) (MP3)
The Rakes - "Terror" Extended Mix (MP3)
official site

I'm feeling so under the weather today. I woke up this morning (no hangover THANK YOU. I didn't drink last night) with a knot in my stomach that just won't go away. The only thing that seems to be making my tummy feel better are these new remixes i got for The Rakes.

I featured The Rakes on my old blog abt 3 months ago. I absolutely fell in love with their satirical energy that makes you want to clap your hands, dance all night, and slug the dumbass scenester next to you whose NOT enjoying himself for the sake of looking "cool."

Their dynamic live show has garnered much praise in their hometown of London and has allowed them to tour with such bands as Bloc Party and landed them a spot at this years' Redding/Leeds festival.

Their single "Retreat" is available now in CD and 7" vinyl through Moshi Moshi Records in the UK. You can purchase it right here.

Oh, and did I mention They just signed to Dim Mak Records here in the U.S? Steve Aoki I heart you. First Neon Blonde and now The Rakes!?!! You spoil me. Bring them back to LA. I'll show those brits a good time...

Tonight King Elementary and Marjorie Fair at the Troubadour, then off to see VHS or Beta and the gran re-opening of the Vanguard. I heard something abt free sushi, free valet, and open bar. I'm so there even if my tummy isnt.

JAX - The Rock Insider

Comments on "Someone Come Rub My Belly..."

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (August 09, 2005 6:21 PM) :

wtf. why would you make a post with steve aoki in it? thats blasphemy!!!! hi im friends with famous people..

Blogger JAX said ... (August 10, 2005 11:42 AM) :

no offense, but get over yourself.

Steve's a nice guy.

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (August 12, 2005 3:09 AM) :

YAH! The Rakes; Gave them a good review in the next issue of URB.

-Joey the Intern

Blogger JAX said ... (August 12, 2005 3:02 PM) :

better have been a good review they're incredible.

I'll be there when they play Loose Tooth. I'll get there early but you guys really need to work out your door system.

I cant get any of my friends to come with me to that club anymore because of 'tude and vibe. Nobody likes being made to feel lesser than.

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (August 12, 2005 11:00 PM) :

Really? Is it security in the front because we're getting that fixed. Since usually security is on their feet from the previous hip-hop events, they tend to scare everybody off.

Joey the Intern

Blogger JAX said ... (August 15, 2005 5:12 PM) :

Security in the front. That and showing up at 10:45 PM having to wait in line for 15 minutes and getting to the front at 11:01 pm and being made to pay to get in.

Anonymous Philabuster said ... (August 19, 2005 12:59 PM) :

Great post. I bought Strasbourg months ago and it seems like it's taken forever for them to fianlly put out an album. Worth the wait, though.

I posted the original version of Retreat over at my blog, for anybody who wants it...

BadmintonStamps - Blog Like A Rock Star