Thursday, June 01, 2006

Camping Out For 30 Seconds To Mars + Video Of Leto Attacking A Cameraman

THE CARNAGE AT THE AVALON - 1:30 PM

I drive past the Avalon every morning on my way to work. Normally it is a barren wasteland littered with flyers for Spider and fetish parties. I do my best to ignore it.

As I past by the venue today at abt 8:30 AM I noticed a small line of kids with camp chairs waiting out front. I gave no notice and went on my merry way to work. At abt 11 AM I went to go to the post office and noticed that the line had grown to abt 20 kids - perplexing indeed. By the time I left to go to lunch there was a line down the street of rather geeky looking kids in emo attire. It wasnt even 1 PM yet! I logged on to my computer to see just who the hell was playing at the Avalon tonight. I was thinking Fall Out Boy? Hawethorne Heights? A.F.I? No, No, No..... It's 30 SECONDS TO MARS.

I was shocked. This kind of behavior can be expected from fans of the previous bands but 30 SECONDS TO MARS!?!?!?!!!

I saw this band when I was 17 when they were on tour with Incubus (don't judge me). At the time I actually was excited to see them because I had a massive crush on Jared Leto. From my seats in The E Center I couldn't see the stage at all, but I sure could hear the horrific excuse for rock music and Jared Leto's bad attitude eminating from the PA. Leto made rude comments towards the crowd, chastized the sound guys, and stormed off the stage when they were done playing. Even in my Mudd Jeans, Roxy Girl T Shirt, Good Charlotte scrunchie days I could tell this band was putrid and my schoolgirlish crush for Leto all but vanished. The fact that they have fans lined up around the corner just boggles my mind.

I mean honestly have they seen this photo of him. Did they ever see his hair in FIGHT CLUB. and lastly, HAVE THEY EVER SEEN THIS VIDEO?!?!?!!

WHEN B-LIST CELEBRITIES ATTACK - STARRING JARED LETO

My friend J sent this to me a few months back. He was shooting video at on of their shows. Apparently Jared Leto didn't appreciate being filmed and flipped off the camera. When he continued to film (well within his rights he had a pass), Leto walked up and kicked the camera. Thank god he's a weak girlie man and J was able to hold on. Priceless footage. ENJOY!

Men, Women, And Children

30 Seconds To Mars are playing with Men, Women, and Children TONIGHT at the Avalon - who are actually pretty entertaining live. The band recently had to cancel a string of UK dates and will reschedule in July.

OH P.S. Heather and I (HELL YA! DEEJAYS!) are DJ at the Vine Bar TONIGHT at Total Control. Cheap Alcohol and I promise not to play "Rock Me Amadeus" On repeat again.

TONIGHT IN LOS ANGELES:
30 Seconds To Mars, Men, Women, & Children @ Avalon
Division Day, Peter Walker, Southland @ Club Spaceland
The Mercy Killers, Run Run Run @ Knitting Factory
Sherwood, Daphne Loves Derby @ Trouabour
Sunday Drivers @ Silverlake Lounge
Big Japan, Big City Rock, Oslo @ Key Club
Hell Ya! Deejays @ Total Control, Vine Bar

JAX - The Rock Insider

Comments on "Camping Out For 30 Seconds To Mars + Video Of Leto Attacking A Cameraman"

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (June 01, 2006 6:41 PM) :

im NOT defending Jared at all, but, in his defense - he's a pretty down to earth person as far as celebrities go. he's always been super cool to me.

Blogger ultra8201 said ... (June 01, 2006 11:50 PM) :

I would love a link from your site, check mine out i think you will like it

Blogger Kevin said ... (June 02, 2006 9:19 AM) :

The most annoying thing about that video is having to sit through 1:12 of that music to get to the good part of Leto kicking the camera.

Blogger Becky said ... (June 08, 2006 7:12 PM) :

I don't think he was too harsh. He more like stepped on the camera than kicked it.

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (June 11, 2006 12:52 PM) :

Pass or not, why is it OK for someone to continue filming when they have been asked stop?

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (June 12, 2006 9:49 PM) :

First of all if Jared makes such "horrific" music, then why was there such a long line of "emo" kids waiting to see him? As a matter of fact you look a little "emo" yourself!
Secondly, if he really wanted to knock the camera out of the faggots hands, he would have done it! And if your little camera man friend wants to keep shit up like that he is in for a rude awakening! Im pretty sure there are a lot of other celebrities that would have knock the shit out of him, so he maybe he shouldn't be whinning about this little incident!

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (June 12, 2006 9:50 PM) :

This post has been removed by a blog administrator.

Blogger JAX said ... (June 13, 2006 11:08 AM) :

1.) I fully admit to being a total "emo" kid. I cut my teeth in this industry at a handful of so called emo labels. I still proudly have my copy of taking back sunday's "tell all your friends"

2.) Secondly he continued to film because he was asked to film by the band's representation.

3.) Finally, using the term "Horrific" to describe 30 seconds to Mars is hardly a deplorableadjective. There are far worse adjective's I could have used. Vile, disdainful, humiliating, contemptible, wretched...

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (February 13, 2007 2:05 PM) :

ok u know what? they are ACTUALLY some DEDICATED fans of 30 Seconds To Mars and they mean A LOT to me, so u just go fuck off and Are u calll THAT horrendous? because compared to the shitty music other ppl play they are pretty damn good. AND are u calling HIM a girlie man? i mean come on! does he LOOK like he is! havnt u seen the new "From Yesterday" video? LOOK AT HIM THEN. and it WASNT HIS FAULT for the movies BECAUSE HE HAD TOO. and your not to good looking yourself. And u have NO proof that he so called "kicked" the camera man because he just put his foot on the amp! and your not a TRUE fan anyway because us TRUE fans dont like the band just for Jared's "looks" so go screw yourself

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (March 24, 2007 5:02 PM) :

hey 30 seconds to mars is actually a quality band, and you class all their fans as "emo's" where as you are wrong i am a blond beach girl and i love their music i think they are one of the top bands around today!! i think you are one of those fat internet geeks that has nothing better to do in life then trash other peoples names because they are wanted and worth something ... if you dont have anything worthwhile to say then dont say anything at all!!!!

Anonymous ama said ... (June 12, 2007 6:06 PM) :

I love 30stm's music ive seen them twice and both times they played their hearts out and engaged with the crowd.

After each concert they sat down to sign things for fans, think about tht for a moment, you've just played for about 2 hours and you'r all tired, hot and sweaty but regardless they stayed to met and sign things for fans.

They are truely nice guys, the second time i saw them jared got up and gave me and my sisters hugs and we even took a picture with him even though there was this no camera rule, the line to met them kinda got mad i admit but jared was such a sweatheart and told the line, "its alright, they're my cousins" =P i love 30stm they are great guys and even better musicians

Anonymous mellow gold said ... (September 27, 2007 10:23 AM) :

lmao this never gets old

Blogger freefun0616 said ... (October 19, 2009 8:54 AM) :