Tuesday, July 25, 2006

It Is Soo Fucking Hot...

Summer has been insanely brutal in Los Angeles this year. I know, I know I really have NO PLACE to complain. I'm sure you readers in Las Vegas, AZ, and The Southwest are having a wonderful season as well.

In the past two weeks Los Angeles has seen temperatures well over 90 degrees and triple digits this weekend (as high as 119 degrees in the valley). My apartment doesnt have air conditioning and with temperatures like this it's been super hard to sleep. OY!

In place of a music post today I thought I would give you guys a summer mixtape. My new computer should be arriving in a week or so and then updating this site will become MUCH EASIER.

[MP3] Let's Go Sailing - It's As Clear

TONIGHT, I'm heading out to see Let's Go Sailing and Bedroom Walls at El Cid.

ITS FUCKING HOT AS BALLS OUTSIDE SUMMER MIXTAPE
[MP3] Darker My Love - Summer Is Here
[MP3] Ratatat - Kennedy
[MP3] Lily Allen -
Smile
[MP3] Briertone - Strawfoot (16 Horsepower Cover)
[MP3] Cold War Kids - Hang Me Up To Dry
[MP3] Michael Leviton - Summer's The Worst
[MP3] Street To Nowhere - Boxcars Boxars Boxcars
[MP3] M. Ward - To Go Home

TONIGHT IN LOS ANGELES:
Jurassic 5 Plus X-Clan @ House of Blues, Sunset
Monsters Are Waiting, Jim Noir @ Safari Sam's - $5 w/ rsvp
Six Organs Of Admittance @ Club Spaceland
Duncan Sheik, Vienna Teng @ Troubadour - $20
David Bazan (Pedro The Lion), Michah P. Hinson @ Tangier - $12
Bedroom Walls, Let's Go Sailing, Whispertown 2000 @ El Cid - $7
Divisible (Record Release), Skyscaper Frontier, Klum @ Silverlake Lounge - $7
Mt. Gigantic, My Little Red Toe, Woolymammothsabertoothcaveman, Veer Right Young Pastor, Josh And Annie's Band @ The Smell
The Cops, Wintergreen, City State @ The Scene Bar, Glendale - $3
Hellcat Night w/ Skansters, Orange, Working Class Jack, The Mormons @ The Echo - $5 ALL AGES
Oliver Future, Galaxy Gran Prix, The Johns, Onethousand Pictures
@ The Viper Room

JAX - The Rock Insider

Comments on "It Is Soo Fucking Hot..."

Anonymous Susan M said ... (July 25, 2006 1:25 PM) :

It has been incredibly hot--less so down where I live (HB), though. I sleep with a fan blowing on me all night.

Thanks for the tunes.

Blogger Lizzy said ... (July 25, 2006 2:03 PM) :

I'll be straight up - Minneapolis has been awful. It usually well surpasses 90. I kid you not. We've got extremes on both ends.

Blogger Kevin said ... (July 25, 2006 6:12 PM) :

Yo. It was 118 on Friday -- on of the hottest days in the past 11 years -- in Phoenix, and then it cooled down to 116 on Saturday. Ahhhhh ... I need to move. To Alaska.

Anonymous Paul Tao said ... (July 26, 2006 9:38 AM) :

my house is ridiculous, it doesn't have air conditioning as well. i just leave the fan on and the windows open at night. it's supposed to cool down soon though, to at least semi-bearable temperatures :)

Blogger Oliver said ... (July 26, 2006 10:06 AM) :

I live in the same neighborhood as you. It's been very brutal. Cold showers help. Fans help. Ice cream helps.

Anonymous John mc said ... (July 26, 2006 11:10 AM) :

Dig the blog, especially the "tonight in LA" section. Adding you to my favs.

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (July 26, 2006 5:57 PM) :

i believe the term is "climactic change"

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (July 27, 2006 12:08 AM) :

If you like Duncan Sheik, check out his fan forum to talk with other fans, http://www.sheikspeak.com/f

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (July 27, 2006 12:09 AM) :

Blogger a good cop said ... (July 28, 2006 7:03 AM) :

in rome its 95° with 40% humidity..how i miss the dry heat of LA :(

Anonymous truckls said ... (July 29, 2006 3:50 AM) :

Hey you city clones sounds like spring time to me. Try centeral Mississippi with 98f and 88% humidity.

R.L.Burnsides rules

Blogger matt said ... (August 08, 2006 8:01 AM) :

can someone please let me know how i can get a hold of the "cold war kids" music. have heard it on HYPE and love it.

Blogger freefun0616 said ... (October 19, 2009 8:56 AM) :